Sunday, March 22, 2009

Took Pictures in my yard between rain and hail showers




The forsythia tree regales itself nicely in the winter. Through the summer its kind of a dull green but for spring its a breath of color to light up a colorless world. I can see this from my computer when the curtains are open and it does give me joy to see it. It is way too close to my house so someday I will probalby have to take it out but for now will enjoy it for the spring season.









The first bulb to weild its color is this daffodill. Not many yet but this one came first, so had to take a picture of it...








This is the red of the rose bush before the blooms come. It adds a lot of pretty color to the stale green and I love the bush when the red has its show. Later the pink or red of the roses will visit us with their cheery faces.












This is the beginning blossoms of a Japanese quince, I love the color of them. This doesn't get enough sun to get a lot of blossoms but what it does give is so pretty and showy.










The tiniest of flowers seem to make it through the long cold winter and survive. We call them pansies. I am guessing they get this name because they cannot stand the heat, but they can withstand some pretty cold temperatures that other flowers cannot. The buds are starting on the rest of the yard but the pansies live on..






2 comments:

Becky T. said...

I love the first signs of spring! Isn't it exciting. :-)

cropangel said...

love the first signs of spring. I will have to take some pic soon of mine.