Thursday, March 26, 2009

Late and a bad friend


Yesterday I went to what I thought was a retirement party for a gentlman who worked at the Oregon Emplyment department. It was supposed to start at 8:15 and I got there a little late...well I missed the whole thing! It wasn't a party is was a short presentation during a Chamber of commerce meeting, and the meeting continued after the presentation! What was nice was the gentleman was by the front door so I was able to give him the card I brought him and the 2 pieces of model railroad track he had said he needed. Not a fancy gift but one I know he enjoyed. I didn't take pictures from inside the place so I took one of the outside this was at the National Guard Armory not far from my folks house. He did seem to smile.

Today my mom called and asked me about working full time next month when she is on vacation. I don't mind working part time but full time doesn't interest me at all! She is supposed to call me tonight.

Oh, and my friend karen emailed to inform me she has FIVE children not FOUR like I stated. I feel like a murderer. Here is what she wrote...
" Oh and by the way, I have 5 kids. Two are done with school, well mostly done, Steph is finishing up her masters and is teaching first grade, the other 3 are in college. My oldest son Matt will be done in December, Phill still has two more years, and Kate is just getting started. But you are right, we aren't old enough to have 27 year old kids, but then, Sally is a grandma, and she is a year younger than us. : ) "
Posted by Picasa

No comments: